"You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows." Psalm 23:5

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Hungry? Thirsty? Come!!


Precious Grandson, Jaxon, Eating First Muffin

"Come all who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come buy and eat!  Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost.  Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy?  Listen, listen to Me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare.  Give ear and come to Me; hear Me that your soul may live."  Isaiah 55:1-3a
How He Surprises Us With the Mirror of His Word!!
The Lord so encouraged me yesterday with the following:  
I’ve made you to contain, to hold contents, to content you!!  You will learn this in the world sin-devastated, for Adam and Eve, like you, couldn’t learn it in Perfect Garden walking with Me in cool of day.  I desire not only to walk beside but to reside inside, to occupy you, and you desire to be occupied, filled, and never alone.  You desire not only to be surrounded by beauty, but to enter into Beauty, and I into you.  Intercourse pictures faintly the pleasure intended forever for you.
I emptied Myself, came and became God-Man, taking your place on blood-stained cross, covering once for all your shame.  Then, emptying tomb of all power to contain you, I opened The Way for you to contain Me, that I might content you, fill and refill you always.

Already Chewing on The Word
For further blessing, meditate upon:  Psalm 34:8, Matthew 5:6, Isaiah 49:10, Palm 42:1-5, John 4:31-34, John 6, John 7:37-39, and Psalm 63:1.  One Thousand Gifts, by Ann VosKamp also has much to say about collecting manna!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these encouraging words and the darling pictures of your grandson.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful words of encouragement. Loved the pictures of your sweet, squeezable grandbaby!

    ReplyDelete